Kent State University at Trumbull fully supports the online learning environment that is available throughout the Kent State system.
Information for Students:
Blackboard Learn is the course management system used throughout the university.
When considering an online course, students should have the following:
- Reliable internet access
Reliable PC/Windows based computer(laptop or desktop) *tablets and phones are not computers
Most updated version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browser(s)
Microsoft Office, which is free to all Kent students
Diligence checking Kent email
- Comfort with computer technology, terminology and usage
- Good time management skills
Information for Faculty:
In the ongoing commitment to make your online teaching experience the best it can be, Kent State Trumbull offers full technical and course design support for all faculty teaching in an online/hybrid environment, that utilize Blackboard Learn.
A course template has been designed referencing the Quality Matters Rubric® is available, which includes links to university services, video tutorials for students, and proper course structure. Any faculty member interested in using the template, must first request access.
Quick Tips for teaching Online:
- If you want to combine multiple sections of a course, please access the Course Combine Form and fill in the appropriate information.
- Use the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access Blackboard Learn.
- Save all course documentation as PDF files before uploading to course site.
- Enter start and end dates for ALL online courses.