Distinguished Alumni Award
Each year, the combined Alumni Councils recognize a graduate of Kent State Tuscarawas for outstanding accomplishments in the campus community and the community-at-large. The purpose of this award is to recognize the importance of the link between professional achievement and community service accomplishments. The award is presented at the spring commencement.
Students, faculty, staff and alumni of Kent State Tuscarawas may submit nominations to a selection committee comprised of representatives of the Tuscarawas County University Foundation, Kent State Tuscarawas Faculty and the Kent State Tuscarawas Alumni Association. This committee will choose the award recipient. The nomination form will be available in the main office of Founders Hall on March 1.
There are many ideas concerning what constitutes effective leadership and community involvement; these different ideas may arise from variations in the level of professional expertise, and type of community service. The criteria offered below regarding the "Distinguished Alumni" may help you to identify a nominee.
All associate or bachelor’s degree graduates of Kent State Tuscarawas are eligible for the award. Nominations may be placed in the nomination box located in the main office or returned by mail
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION OF DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI
The nominee must be an associate or bachelor’s degree graduate of Kent State Tuscarawas and exemplify exceptional commitment to the campus community and the community-at-large.
The nominee should be a role model whose business objectives form a close and caring interrelationship with human society.
The nominee must possess comprehensive knowledge of their professional field while striving to continue lifelong learning.
2019 Distinguished Alumni
- Trent Troyer, New Philadelphia, OH
Previous Award Recipients
- Karen Jenkins, New Philadelphia, OH - 2002
- Dr. Joellen B. Edwards, Elizabethton,TN - 2003
- Janie Hafner Miller, New Philadelphia, OH - 2004
- Jeff Bleininger, New Philadelphia, OH - 2005
- Jeffery L. Urban, New Philadelphia, OH - 2006
- Jim O'Donnell, New Philadelphia, OH - 2007
- James R. Watson, Kent, OH - 2008
- Darlene Finzer, Stone Creek, OH - 2009
- Melody Liberatore, Dover, OH - 2010
- Margaret Bonamico, New Philadelphia, OH - 2011
- Kevin E. Gray, Gnadenhutten, OH - 2012
- Rockne Clark - Retired Tuscarawas County clerk of Courts - 2013
- Steven R. Stokey, New Philadelphia, OH - 2014
- Dwain Colvin, Dover, OH - 2015
- Jonathan Mason, Dover, OH - 2016
- John (Jack) Dooling, Jr., Dover, OH - 2017
- Michael Ernest, New Philadelphia, OH - 2018