Name Change | Kent State University

Please print, complete and return the Name Change Request Form along with supporting documentation, as noted below, to the Assistant Dean's Office in Founders Hall, Room A-104. A representative from the Assistant Dean's Office will send it to the Office of the University Registrar (Kent Campus) for processing.

A request for a name change must be accompanied by a completed name change request form, a photo ID and the required legal documentation. Legal documentation such as a court order, marriage license, birth certificate, Social Security card, valid U.S. passport or an adoption order. All photocopies of documents must be notarized for authenticity and will not be returned.

Note to currently enrolled students who are also employed in some capacity by Kent State University: In addition, you must provide a copy of your social security card for Human Resources requirements. 

Name Change Request Form