Welcome to Kent State University at Tuscarawas! Kent State Tuscarawas has been recognized as one of the top universities doing the most to embrace America's veterans on G.I. Jobs 2010 list of Military Friendly Schools.
At Kent State Tuscarawas, we appreciate your service and look forward to assisting you as you pursue your education. Here are the steps you need to complete to use your GI Bill benefits at Kent State Tuscarawas:
1. Gather Documents: Make sure you have the following list of documents to make the application process as smooth as possible. Please ensure that if you don't currently have these documents, you apply for them immediately in order to have them when they are needed.
- Driver's License or valid identification
- Social Security Card
- College Transcripts
- High School Transcripts (The actual Diploma will not suffice)
- Once you know what GI Bill you are going to use you must apply VONAP as soon as possible. Allow 8-12 weeks for processing.
- File your FAFSA and print your email confirmation. The Kent State Tuscarawas school code is 003062.
- Have your bank account routing and account number available so your benefits can be directly deposited.
2. Apply to Kent State Tuscarawas: Make sure you have a credit card available for the $40 application fee. Once your application is processed, you will receive an acceptance letter with instructions for placement testing. Once testing is complete, you can make an appointment to schedule your classes.
3. Complete a VA Registration Form (Every Semester): Once you've scheduled classes, complete the VA Registration Form found in the Founders Hall main office. Return the fully completed VA Registration Form to the Founders Hall main office receptionist.
Contact our Veteran's Certifying Official for answers to your VA or Financial Aid questions.
Veteran's Certifying Official
330-339-3391 | email@example.com