Host an Open House on Homecoming Day
This year, all Homecoming Open House events will be consolidated into one listing on the University Events Calendar. An Open House will provide an opportunity for alumni, students, faculty, staff and community members to experience your building and all that it offers.
If you are planning an event that falls outside the Open House definition, please put your event on the University Calendar. If you need help or ideas with planning, please visit the event page within the Toolkit.
Thousands of Alumni Come Back to Campus for Homecoming
- Plan to have your building open from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. for returning alumni!
- The Office of University Events and Protocol will provide light refreshments and décor for your open house event.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your participation! We will also add your building to the Open House event on the Homecoming calendar.
Ideas for your Open House:
- Student guided building tours
- Self-guided building tours
- Activity Related to College (i.e. digging up rocks/fossils, painting a design, etc.)
- Demonstration of various areas in your College: (i.e. Air Traffic Control, Patient Simulation Lab, Textiles, 3D Printing, etc.)
- "Meet & Greet" with faculty
- Display of College history, traditions, building details, facts, accomplishments, future plans, etc.
- Anything else you can brainstorm. Use your creativity!