Success Coaching Model Stages
Success Coaching is forward movement. Student focus is on moving toward his/her established goals while maintaining school and life balance.
- I Desired Student Goal: The coaching process begins with focus on the desired goal(s) of the student.
- II Self-Discovery: Movement is forward toward goal(s) through student focusing on factors that influence his/her thinking and decision-making. Ontological coaching models (OAR, BEL, and Historical Discourse) are used, along with assessment tools (MBTI, Holland Code, True Colors) that may be utilized to illustrate natural thinking and decision-making patterns.
- III Goal-Setting:An outline that identifies specific goals to accomplish that are established by the student.
- IV Action-Plan: A step-by-step plan to move student toward achieving each goal established by the student.
- V Action-Plan Assessment: A review of the Action Plan to determine progress or to make Action Plan adjustments to achieve success.
- VI Goal Achievement: Student celebrations!!! Student has successfully reached goal achievement.
The Success Coaching Model places emphasis on the student being solely and directly responsible for his/her success and goal achievement.
- Success Coaching assists students with achieving their defined goals with an emphasis on school and life balance.
- Success Coaching applies proven strategies and competencies that result in forward movement toward goal achievement.
- Students will make self-discoveries about factors that influence their thinking and decision-making to then assess if the factors lead to the good decisions or poor decisions that determine goal achievement.
- Success Coaching may have an inclusive focus on life management, and on academic, social, and a variety of personal goals, each of which may impact overall student achievement and success.
- Success Coaching provides a trusting relationship and environment that allows students to examine and determine if their decision-making leads to goal achievement resulting in their success.
- Coaching focuses on new possibilities and options that will move students toward their set goals as a school and life balance is maintained.
- The ultimate goal of Success Coaching is to increase the success of students by moving students from Point-A to Point-B with an action plan that is co-designed by the student and the success coach with full input and agreement from the student.
- Students are solely and directly responsible for their success and goal achievement during each stage of their Success Coaching.
Success Coaching Is Not:
|1. Therapy||sampletext||5. Career Counseling|
|2. Mentoring||6. Academic Advising|
|3. Teaching||7. Consulting|
|4. Tutoring||8. Counseling of any kind|
What Students Experience with Success Coaching
- Prior to the first coaching session online profile forms, a prep-assignment and pre-questionnaire are completed.
- Students meet one-one-one with their success coach.
- Coaching methods that will be used during coaching are reviewed.
- Students review, discuss and sign the coaching agreement.
- Students are asked to share general information about oneself this begins establishing the coaching relationship.
- The completed online forms that include student goals is reviewed and guides the coaching session.
- Students reflect and talk a great deal about themselves that leads to action plan development.
More About The Student Experience:
Success Coaching is about the individual student and provides an opportunity for students to make self-discoveries, and to focus on new possibilities and options for forward movement toward goal achievement.
- Students and their coach co-design an action plan with specific steps and completion dates.
- Action plan outlines SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-table) and accountability.
- Students schedule their next coaching session before departing.
- The first Success Coaching session is scheduled for one-hour.
- The remaining three coaching sessions are 50-minutes to coincide with class schedules.
- Students schedule minimally four coaching sessions.
Students enjoy and find coaching beneficial, as coaching focuses strictly on the student, what is important to the student, and how the student wants to proceed toward his/her goal achievement.