Shifting Frequencies: A Podcast Experiment
Shifting Frequencies: A Podcast Experiment, jointly hosted by the School of Visual Communication Design and LaunchNET Kent State, is in its second year! The kickoff event is next Wednesday, 3/1, at the KSU Spark Innovation Studio. Details and directions at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shifting-frequencies-a-podcast-experiment-tickets-32270391610
Kickoff event speakers:
- Jessica Barness (School of Visual Communication Design)
- Zach Mikrut (LaunchNET Kent State University)
- Scott Hallgren (School of Journalism and Mass Communication)
- Michael Beam (School of Communication Studies)
This year's prompt: "How might you affect change in the face of obstacles?"
Here's how it works:
• Kickoff event - discussion of the project, ideation, strategizing, audio tech
• Students have approximately 2 weeks to record their episode, 10-30 minutes (solo or collaborative)
• Students upload their episode online via Dropbox
• "Listening Party" wrap-up event later this spring (date/time TBD)
Project goals include fostering innovation and experimentation, working with a new form/medium, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Shifting Frequencies is open to all KSU majors, undergrad and grad.