Hagedorn Traveling Scholarship
This unique award is for VCD Photography majors or minors who would like to explore an academic photographic project of your choosing. Students must be in good academic standing and have a strong portfolio of work. Students must provide an outstanding statement of how travel will benefit their academic work in photography.
Award amount: Up to $2,500 may be requested per student. Only one proposal per student will be considered.
Proposals must include sufficient background material to permit evaluation by someone who may not be entirely familiar with the subject matter. All materials should be combined into one PDF and uploaded via the application site.
Proposals must include:
- A one-paragraph abstract.
- An illustrated description of the research project including specific objectives and end products (tear sheets are a good thing to include). Give us a clear idea of what you’ll be doing.
- Any additional supporting documents, such as research contacts.
Submission requirements are as follows:
- PDF version of your portfolio which includes:
- Your name
- Your status (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- List of Photography courses taken including ones in which you are presently enrolled
- Destination of travel.
- Why/How the destination will advance your academic work.
- What deliverables you intend to produce from the project (e.g., a photographic book, sizable piece of your portfolio, etc.)
- Timeline and budget (printings costs related to the project can be included in budget).