Katie Barnes Evans
Katie Barnes Evans has worked with Kent State since 2012, when she started as the Media Specialist and Composition Department Advisor for the Office of Student Media. She is also a Graphic Artist & Design Consultant for the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, as well as an adjunct instructor. She teaches designed-based courses in the schools of Visual Communication Design and Journalism and Mass Communication. Katie is also a M.F.A. student in the School of Visual Communication Design, where she studies user experience design and interaction design.
Prior to working with Kent State, Katie worked as an Associate Art Director for Geometry Global in Akron, Ohio. Her work has been honored by the College Media Business & Advertising Managers Conference twice and has been featured on PBS.
Fall 2015: Visual Design Literacy
Spring 2016: Infographics Design
- 1st Place, Professionally Designed Ad Campaign 2014 - KentWired App
- 3rd Place, Professionally Designed Display Ad 2014 - Dunkin Donuts Grand Opening
- Peace Stanzas Poster, Kent State University Poetry Park 2014-Present
- Peace Stanzas Poster, Kent State University’s Student Center 2012-2014
- PBS feature on Wick Poetry Center’s Traveling Stanzas Project 2012
- Golden Penguin Award, March Frozen Food Month Best Manufacturer Branded Merchandising & Promotion 2012 Nestlé USA