My parent/guardian/advocate contacted the One Stop but the staff were unable to speak to them. Why not?
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Students can complete the FERPA Authorization, allowing One Stop Staff to speak with a Parent/Guardian/Advocate regarding a student’s account. The student must complete the following steps before a Parent/Guardian/Advocate can contact the One Stop for Student Services.
- Log into FlashLine at https://login.kent.edu/
- Select Student from the main menu.
- Under Resources, select Requests and Authorizations.
- Go to third Tab in the first column, “Grant Online FERPA Authorization”
- Student must click Add New FERPA Release button.
- Student must complete all of the required fields.
- The Passphrase will be used to identify the grantee when contacting staff by phone.
- The email address will be used to notify the grantee of the passphrase that has been created by the student.
- Student will receive online confirmation. In addition, an email confirmation is sent to both the student grantor and the grantee.
- To resend a passphrase to the grantee, the student must click the Resend Passphrase button.
- To revoke a release, the student must click Revoke Release button. An email confirmation will be sent to the student and the grantee.