WEB REDESIGN: ADJUSTED CONTENT FREEZE & IMPORTANT DATES!
The redesign team is continuing to work to make the web redesign transition, current web site maintenance and the actual launch as seamless as possible. As a result, we have been communicating various shifts of important dates. We apologize for any confusion and additional emails. However, we know it is important to keep you, our partners, informed of the project progress and next steps.
Please note, in a recent effort to make content syncs more manageable and to allow you more time to work during the busy September and October months, and start to wind down for Thanksgiving break, we have found a way to push the content freeze out just a bit further.
Here is the adjusted game plan and set of critical dates:
- Now-Nov. 13 at midnight – make all edits you would like to your site and they will sync to your soon-to-be new site.
- Nov. 14-20 – keep a log of any changes made; they will need to be replicated in the soon-to-be new site but that cannot happen until Nov. 21.
- You can make them or work with us to have them made or wait until Jan. 9.
- Nov. 21-Dec. 18 – you will be able to make changes to your live site, but you will also need to make them in the soon-to-be-new site; EXCEPTION – NO EDITS TO HOME PAGES.
- Should you need an edit to your live web site home page, keep a log. Those changes can be implemented Jan. 9. Obviously, dual entry is less than desirable so the goal is to make as many updates by Nov. 13 as possible!
- Dec. 19-Jan. 8, 2017 – content freeze. Again, keep a log of any changes made, they will need replicated on new, live site effective Jan. 9, 2017
- Jan. 8, 2017 – launch
Again, apologies for any inconvenience the adjusted dates may have caused. Our intent really is to to push the content freeze to days when fewer web updates tend to occur.
Questions or concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can triage inquiries with Sameer Jaleel and provide an appropriate response.