Welcome to the 2019 Website Refresh
Good afternoon, Drupalites,
By now you’re familiar with the new Kent State University homepage, that was launched in August of 2018. The UCM web team is extending this new look and feel to your department website homepage this spring. The transition this April improves online, brand alignment across the kent.edu domain, and it also sets the stage for a transition to Drupal 8 in 2020/2021.
The brand adjustments include:
- Call-to-action links (CTA) will change to CTA boxes
- Introduction copy will be placed below the new CTA boxes
- Mosaics will be retired
- Teaser 1 should contain three teasers maximum
- Teaser 2 will be retired
- Teaser 4 will be replaced with the traditional teaser
- Factoids will have a new look and two additional color options
- The news slider will have a new look
- Five NEW teasers have been created, each include (or contain) a bit of animation
- NEW multi-column element
- Color palette has enhancements
Show and Tell
To better understand these modifications, see:
- Screenshots of the changes
- The complete element library
- Illustrations of possible layouts
- Refined color palettes
- Slide presentation illustrating early adopters and the performance of the new CTA box
New Streamlined Editing Process
The UCM and IT web presence teams have implemented this streamlined brand alignment to simplify the homepage editing process. Our Regional Campus webmasters have piloted this approach and confirm that editing is easier, and changes are LIVE more quickly.
Next Steps Occurring in April and May
- The UCM web team will rebuild all homepages using the new editing system beginning Tuesday, April 2.
- In some instances, the look of your page will differ only in your CTA links and the location of your introduction.
- Webmasters who need to select new elements will be asked to complete an intake form by Friday, April 12.
- Webmasters will be asked to review and approve the new homepages.
- New homepages will be launched.
- Webmasters will need to attend 2019 Homepage Redesign training.
Questions or concerns? Email email@example.com.