Obtain Transcripts or Closed Captioning
Transcripts or closed captioning must be provided for videos in order to comply with web accessibility laws.
If video host allows, provide closed captioning for your videos. If not available, transcribe video and provide a link to the transcribed content. Videos are considered content and therefore must be captioned for accessibility purposes.
Currently, Vimeo and YouTube offer Closed Captioning. YouTube is recommended because you can create and edit captions.
The video should be uploaded to Kaltura and the embed code available there should be added to Drupal. Kaltura is password protected and follows the Fair Use Act which protects and keeps the content private.
Add the Video to Your Website
- Select the video size you want displayed and copy the embed code from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Select "Full HTML" (default is Filtered HTML) from the the "Text Format" dropdown located at the bottom of the text field.
- Place your cursor where you want the video to appear.
- Select the Embed Media icon (film icon toward the end of the top row of icons).
- Paste the embed code in the area provided, it should look similar to as follows:
<iframe height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xmlg--G8dg4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Be sure to update also, the title in bold above currently titled YouTube video player.
- Click Ok. A graphic the size of the video will appear in the Body field when in edit mode. In view mode the video will be viewable.