Undergraduate Poetry Scholarship
2017 Undergraduate Poetry Scholarship
1st Place - $1,500
2nd Place - $1,000
3rd Place - $500
These awards are nonrenewable. Undergraduates may reapply.
- The competition is open to any undergraduate currently enrolled at Kent State University.
- The scholarship awards are to Kent State University only.
- All entries must be original and unpublished.
- Each entrant may submit one poem only, typed on 8½ x 11 paper. Four copies of the poem should be sent. Only clear copies are acceptable.
- The poem should be no more than 100 lines long.
- The poet’s name should not appear on the poem.
- A cover sheet should be included that lists the poet’s name, address, email and telephone number. Entries missing any of this required information will not be accepted and will be returned to the poet.
- All entries will be recycled after the winner has been chosen.
- Entries must be postmarked between December 1, 2017, and April 1, 2018. Early or late entries will not be accepted.
Send entries to:
Wick Poetry Center
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242-0001