International Writing Centers Association 2017
The following Writing Commons Staff members will travel to the International Writing Centers Association annual conference in Chicago, IL, November 10-13, 2017 to make presentations.
The conference theme is Tutor, Writer, Director, Spy.
- Madeline Steward (Undergrad-Sociology) and Rachel Whitten (Undergrad-Speech Pathology and Audiology), “Writing Center Alliances: Double Agents for the Greater Good.”
- Daniel Berger (Undergrad-Managerial Marketing) and Alair Boshela (Dual Grad-Undergrad, Fashion Merchandising/Marketing), “The Economics of Writing Center Marketing: Defining Intent vs. Interest.”
- Ashley Ferguson (Grad-Speech Pathology and Audiology) and Melissa Henry (Undergrad-Nursing), “’Difference,’ not ‘Disorder’: Changing our Perspective on Errors.”
- Tara Rogers (Undergrad-Biology), “Science Writers and Writing Center Tutors: “Double Agents’ of Academia.”
- Yvonne Lee (Assistant Director, Grad-LRSP) and Jeanne Smith (Director, NTT-Kent), “Breaking the Code of Assessment: Ask, Find Evidence, and Publish.”
POSTED: Monday, October 23, 2017 - 7:29pm
UPDATED: Monday, October 23, 2017 - 7:32pm