In this program, participants will learn techniques to facilitate communication and build rapport and empathy with colleagues of other origins.
- What is culture?
- What are the principal elements of culture?
- What are my cultural values?
- What are likely cultural “minefields”? How does this play out your organization?
- What is the appropriate medium for communication? What are some tips for optimal use of each medium?
- How clearly do I speak English? Do I recognize the slang we use? Can I eliminate it?
- How can I recognize, and work to resolve, intercultural conflicts?
- What does an outsider feel like when they come to our organization? How can I help ease their transition?
This four-hour program is targeted for all associates in an organization.
We can tailor this program and deliver it on-site for your employees and leaders.
Marianne Canario founded her own business in instructional technologies in 1992, to improve business communications in English and Spanish.
"Very Passionate and engaging."
George Pylar, Chemist, The Sherwin-Williams Company