Office of Academic Diversity Outreach
Embrace. Educate. Empower.
The CCI Office of Academic Diversity Outreach (OADO) advocates for and provides diversity education, support, and resources to the students, faculty and staff in the College of Communication and Information
The Office of Academic Diversity Outreach envisions the College of Communication and Information as a supportive community in which all students, faculty and staff are valued, embraced, and enabled to participate to their fullest abilities.
About the OADO
The OADO provides a unified approach to diversity initiatives for all schools and disciplines within CCI. All OADO initiatives are driven by a comprehensive and inclusive definition of diversity and work to serve all CCI students who identify within various underrepresented or underserved populations.
Underrepresented or underserved student populations include, but are not limited to:
- Students of various racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Students who identify as marginalized genders and sexualities (LGBTQ+)
- Students with various religious and spiritual affiliations and beliefs
- Students with disAbility- or accessibility-related needs or concerns (i.e., psychological, physical or mobility, sensory impairments, medical or chronic health conditions, etc.)
- First-generation students
- Students from low-income backgrounds and/or in financial crisis
- International students
- Non-traditional and adult students
- Military and veteran students