Welcome to Kent State University!
We are pleased to have you join the Kent State University community. The June and July Destination Kent State Advising and Registration (or "DKS") program is a mandatory orientation program for new first year students. You must register for your visit by logging into your FlashLine account. Registration begins March 1st. There are twenty-five DKS programs from which you can select. The 1 and 1/2 -day program includes:
- Welcome to Kent State University
Students, and Guests who are staying overnight in the Residence Halls, check-in to the Eastway Center Residence Halls between 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. on the morning of the first day of the DKS appointment.
After residence hall check-in, the student and guests will proceed to the Kent Student Center to check-in for the Destination Kent State program. DKS check-in is on the second floor of the Kent Student Center outside of the Ballroom.
On Day #1 of DKS, there are scheduled programs and activities from 8:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
- Academic Advising overview and expectations
- Overview of the "GPS" (Graduation Planning System)Students and family members have different schedules for their DKS experience.
- Opportunity to get your student ID card (Flashcard)
- Opportunity to hear from Financial Aid
- Understanding the Bursar
- Students and family members have different schedules for their DKS experience. However, students and their guests will be together for several programs and meals.
- All program sessions, including the evening social activity, are mandatory for students.
The Day #2 schedule begins at 8:00 a.m. for both the student and their parent/guests.
The student will have a one-on-one Academic Advising appointment and register for fall classes.
- Students and family members will be able to leave campus by Noon on Day #2.
Hear what some of our FlashGuides had to say about last year's DKS experience.