- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
The School of Journalism and Mass Communication now requires that incoming JMC students purchase a laptop computer that can be used in their JMC classes. JMC strongly recommends students purchase either an Apple or Windows laptop computer that meets or exceeds the standards listed below.*
Minimum Approved Hardware
Contact the Flash Technology Center at (330) 672 - 1595 for education pricing and special offers.
- 13+" Display
- Intel Core i5 processor
- 8 GB Ram, 16GB is recommended for video majors
- 256 GB Hard Drive
- The Solid State Drives that come with the Retina Display also are acceptable.
* For majors that are design and graphic intensive an Apple Computer is Recommended.
For students who want to transport their media files: ie. Video & Audio, JMC also recommends an external hard drive that works with both Apple and Windows computers.
It is recommended that parents/students take advantage of Apple back-to-school specials. For more information regarding back-to-school specials, contact the Flash Technology Center at 330-672-1595 or visit their website at http://www.kent.edu/flashtech. It is also strongly recommended that students purchase an upgraded three-year computer warranty.
Portable computers are subjected to more wear and tear than desktop computers. The upgraded warranty also includes three full years of 24/7 telephone technical support. Computers can be purchased at low education prices through the Flash Technology Center.
Further inquiries can be directed to the School of Journalism and Mass Communications Sr. IT User Support Analyst, Bob Baumann, at (330) 672-3250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Office is now free to all Kent State students. To obtain your copy please visit http://support.kent.edu/office
JMC also recommendeds creating a free account on Dropbox, Box.com or Google Drive. This is a nice place to keep all of your files. In the event of a computer malfunction, your files will be backed up in the cloud.