Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
The Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner concentration prepares students to give broad, comprehensive care within legal parameters to adults across the life span in ambulatory settings. You will complete your clinical experiences in a variety of ambulatory settings and specialty clinics.
As an Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP, your care will be focused on health promotion, risk detection, illness prevention, and management of acute and chronic illnesses. You will practice directly or in collaboration with other health professional in order to maximize the effectiveness of community and health care system services. You may be employed in primary care offices including internal medicine and family practice, clinics, managed care offices, emergency rooms, free clinics, and occupational health settings.
As an Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP student, we offer you:
- A flexible curriculum with many online courses and full- and part-time options
- Faculty mentorship and advising
- Fall and spring semester start dates
- A program in conjunction with the Cleveland Clinic (these classes are held at Cleveland Clinic Main Campus and are subject to an enrollment quota).
The Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP concentration at the master's level is a minimum of 39 credit hours, and can be completed in as little as two (2) years, or if part time, in three (3) years.
Graduates of this program have attained a 99% pass rate on the ANP certification exam since 1997. All successful graduates of the Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP concentration possess educational requirements to apply for:
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) exam for the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NP, and
- The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) exam for the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NP.
Kent State's College of Nursing offers post-master's nursing certificate programs for individuals who hold a Master's Degree in nursing. View information, requirements, and employment information for the Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner post-master's certificate