- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
The Center for Nursing Research
At the Kent State College of Nursing, research and scholarship are at the core of our mission to improve nursing education, practice, and patient outcomes through science.
Our commitment is to provide infrastructure support, leadership, and mentoring for faculty, as well as assistance for students pursuing nursing research and scholarly endeavors.
The Center for Nursing Research is dedicated to facilitating cooperative scientific endeavors and help to develop collaborative nursing and interdisciplinary programs of research at the local, state, regional, national and international levels.
Mission, Vision and Goals
The mission and vision of The Center for Nursing Research is to simulate faculty interest, productivity, and stature by expanding research, engaging in research internationally, ensuring student success, and developing and recognizing people.
Learn more about our mission, vision and goals, and how we are achieving those goals.
Faculty Research Interests
At The Center for Nursing Research, our faculty have a wide variety of research interests, including Simulation, Health Promotion, Self-Care, Psychiatric & Mental Health, Nursing Leadership, and many more.
The College of Nursing faculty collaborate with scientists within and outside the discipline to define new and creative solutions for health and healthcare. Our faculty have secured grants through:
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The U.S.. Department of Health and Human Services - Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
- Professional nursing organizations
See a list of our faculty who are creating the research that is advancing the science of nursing.
Grant Services and Resources
The Center for Nursing Research offers grant services to Kent State nursing faculty and students in order to help expedite their research process.
For an entire list of grant services and other research related resources offered by The Center for Nursing Research, continue to our Grant Services and Resources page.
Our faculty and students are continuously producing, publishing, and presenting ground-breaking nursing research. To help keep the nursing community updated on the latest in our nursing research, The Center for Nursing Research publishes a quarterly newsletter reporting our latest faculty and student achievements.
Sign up for our nursing research newsletter today and stay informed of research at the College of Nursing.
Complete this short form to receive the latest "Celebrating Successes" Center for Nursing Research newsletters. Your information will only be used for this purpose.
Our self-care initiative was born from a grant to research the outcomes of incorporating self-care methods into an accelerated nursing curriculum.
Kent State University College of Nursing has received distinctions partially as a result of this innovative research, including the 2011 Innovation Award by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the 2012 Innovations in Professional Nursing Education Award by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, and was named a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education in 2013.
Discover our self-care initiative at the Interprofessional Institute for Self-Care website.
The Engagement Series is an informal scholarly discussion about the science and practice of nursing which takes place over lunch. The Center for Nursing Research sponsors this series to help build dialogue and make collaboration easier among faculty and students. Discussion and guest speakers are centered around students, faculty and their research efforts.
Attendees may be eligible for 1 contact hour of continuing education (CE) credit*.
* Kent State University College of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) (OH-023, exp date 08/01/2017)