I study political geography, with a particular focus on structures of violence and its effects on Indigenous culture and their environment. In addition, I research the memorialization of landscapes of violence, my present work being undertaken in the Río Negro region of Guatemala.
You are here
Julie Mazzei's research focuses primarily on irregular political violence, looking at the ways in which actors like paramilitary groups (or “death squads”) organize and procure the resources necessary to employ violence for political ends. Mazzei argues that these irregular forces are able to organize and commit often extraordinary acts of violence in part because they are able to access institutional resources and use them without recourse. Dr.
Behavioral neuroendocrinology, sexual differentiation of the brain, syrinx anatomy, neuroethology of birdsong.
- Animal Behavior
- Systems and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Biological Foundations
- BSCI 40192 - 001 Internship : Biol Sciences
- BSCI 40196 - 021 Individual Investigation
- BSCI 40600 - 027 Writing In Biological Sciences
- BSCI 50195 - 027 St : Systems Neuroscience I
- BMS 60795 - 001 St : Systems Neuroscience I
- BSCI 70195 - 027 St : System Neuroscience I
- BMS 70795 - 001 St : Systems Neuroscience I
Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
Martin Luther King Jr.