"How might your life have been different if there had been a place for you? A place for you to go... A place of women, to help you learn the ways of women... a place where you were nutured from an ancient flow sustaining you and steadying you as you sought to become yourself. A place of women to help you find and trust the ancient flow already there within yourself... waiting to be released."
by Judith Duerk, in her book Circle of Stones
Kent State University Women’s Center is a brave space*
- where all in our community are welcome to join in raising the questions and working to find the answers to the many cultural, economic, educational, and social challenges that are a part of what it means to be female or female identifying today.
- to learn about our collective history and what it means and how it impacts our opportunities and experiences
- to take what we are learning and move toward action, advocacy and activism to inspire change
- to celebrate each others successes and encourage and inspire each other to push our boundaries and find our voices.
- to struggle with the difficult topics and engage in meaningful and non judgemental conversations
- to understand and appreciate the many perspectives and experiences of the individuals we are and of those we serve
- to find support and encouragement in our daily life experiences
* For more information on Safe Spaces vs. Brave Spaces: