Celebrate National Athletic Training Month by Spreading Awareness About the Industry
Every March brings about National Athletic Training Month, an initiative supported by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA).
During the month, those who are within the field of athletic training and those who are interested in joining the field are encouraged to spread the word about the good work that athletic trainers do, as well as highlight key aspects about the profession.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of ways that you can get the word out about athletic training, and we’re looking forward to another great National Athletic Training Month!
1. Word of Mouth
If you know fellow college students or recent graduates who would be perfect for athletic training, you can let them know about all they can gain from Kent State’s Master of Science in Athletic Training.
While there are plenty of ways to receive information through digital platforms in our modern world, oftentimes insights from friends and relatives can be even more impactful since they’re coming from those we know and trust, and those who are passionate about a subject.
For some added insights, you could direct those interested to our recent blog post on some of the key career opportunities for athletic trainers. There are a lot of excellent prospects for the future!
2. Host or Organize an Athletic Event
Since sports and fitness are both integral to the athletic training profession, you can utilize this to your advantage to bring awareness to the field.
By putting together an event, or even a month-long intramural league, that’s designed to raise awareness about athletic training, you could attract high schoolers, college students or postgrads to the athletic training profession, depending on your event’s focus.
3. Utilize Social Media
One of the quickest and easiest ways to spread the word about the benefits of athletic training is through social media. With its immediacy, potential for interaction and sharing, and the large online audience available, social media is perfect for spreading the word about the month.
Some ways you could approach this include:
- Sharing pictures and videos related to athletic training through Facebook. Facebook's algorithm tends to favor these media types, increasing their visibility in friends' new feeds.
- Utilizing hashtags and tagging relevant accounts on your posts about athletic training, increasing the opportunity for your content to be shared.
- Creating an athletic training LinkedIn group to give professionals and those interested in the career a place to network and learn about developments in the field.
4. Take Part in NATA's Social Media Contests
To further promote National Athletic Training Month, NATA is holding a series of social media contests throughout the month.
- Contest 1 – Users who post a video or photo to Twitter or Instagram that shows how they’re celebrating the month, and includes #NATM2019, could win a $150 gift card from Amazon, by being chosen at random by NATA
- Contest 2 – Users who post a video or photo to Twitter or Instagram that shows their version of the 2019 NATA poster, and includes #NATM2019, could win a $150 gift card from Amazon, by being chosen at random by NATA
- Contest 3 – Users who post a video or photo to Twitter or Instagram that shows their unique work setting, and includes #ATsAreHealthCare, could win a $150 gift card from Amazon along with NATA logo merch, by being chosen at random by NATA
Want to Learn More About Athletic Training? Contact Us!
If you or someone you know is interested in the athletic training field, be sure to reach out to the team at Kent State University. We’d love to talk to you about everything the field can provide!