Eta Sigma Gamma
Welcome to the local chapter of Eta Sigma Gamma! We invite you to browse our site and learn about:
- The great things we are doing around town and how you can get involved!
- General information about our profession
- Useful health information resources right here on campus and on the www
Eta Sigma Gama is a national professional honorary for men and women in health education. Its objectives are the promotion of teaching, research and service in and for the health education discipline. Membership for students in Eta Sigma Gamma can only be achieved by affiliating through a collegiate chapter. For professionals active in the profession of health education and holding a degree can affiliate through the chapter-at-large. The initiation fee is $50.00.
Dr. Laurie Wagner
SHAPE America is a web site sponsored by the Society of Health and Physical Educators, designed to provide students with a way to meet future and current health educators. Features include:
- a message forum allowing undergraduate and graduate health education students to introduce themselves and meet others with similar interests
- Online AAHE case study competition
- Mentoring opportunities
- Service opportunities in SHAPE
Connect With Your Health & Wellness Teaching Peers on Pearson
The Health & Wellness Teaching Community offers you a resource for reaching out and connecting with fellow instructors. The community website is provided in partnership by American Association of Health Education (AAHE) and Pearson and is moderated by a health educator who has coordinated a personal health course.
- Access teaching tips, activities and professional resources
- Access daily health news feeds from ABC News, Yahoo!, CNN, and Health Behavior News Service
- Contribute to the site ·
- Start discussions on topics with your peers