Dining and Catering Enhancements Coming With Aramark
Aramark is now Kent State University’s strategic provider for dining and catering services at all Kent State locations in Northeast Ohio. This contract is part of an overall effort to increase the university’s efficiency and effectiveness as required by the governor’s Ohio Task Force on Affordability and Efficiency.
After a rigorous request for proposal (RFP) process, Aramark was selected because of its alignment with Kent State priorities, dedication to health and wellness, willingness to invest in renovations and new construction, and its ability to serve all Kent State locations and improve the university’s revenue stream. Aramark is the company most able to provide a two-way partnership that will benefit Kent State and its students.
Here are a few dining location updates:
- On the Kent Campus in the Hub, Kent Student Center, Slice will be renovated and replaced with Grazers, and Wholly Habaneros will be renovated and replaced with Fresco. Both of these additions are locally owned restaurants currently located in the downtown Kent area. Both locations are scheduled to be open for Fall Semester 2017.
- The Bean Scene in University Library on the Kent Campus will be renovated during early fall semester and turned into a fully licensed Starbucks, offering high-quality, great tasting food items and handcrafted espresso and blended beverages.
- Kent State Salem will introduce a new Seasoned Café with a projected completion of late fall 2017.
- The Emporium Grill at Kent State Stark is open during the summer for breakfast and lunch.
- Kent State Trumbull and Kent State Tuscarawas also will introduce a new Seasoned Café. Renovations will happen throughout the summer, and projected completion is fall 2017.
For more information, including summer hours and contact information, please visit Dining Services.
In addition, Aramark will offer more catering options and methods for placing orders with consistent pricing and affordable options at all locations. Under Kent State’s procurement policy, Aramark is the contracted vendor for all on-campus food purchases. Please contact Aramark for any food orders, unless you work at a location that does not currently have on-campus food service. For more information or to place a catering order, visit CaterTrax, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 330-672-3305 or stop by Room 211, Kent Student Center.