Does Kent State’s Institute for Excellence Program Have Industry Recognition?
Yes. HR.com's Leadership Excellence and Development (LEAD) Awards has recognized Kent State University for its Institute for Excellence program. The program was ranked fourth in the nation in the category of Higher Education Certificate Programs, with emphasis on leadership and organizational development. The LEAD Awards recognize organizations that invest in the growth of their employees and programs that demonstrate best practices in leadership development across various organizations. A key factor in the program ranking was favorable feedback gathered from Institute for Excellence alumni.
Newly added features or curriculum for alumni includes:
- New logo
- Electronic badges for continuing education levels
- Book club
- Presentation on burnout prevention by Harvard professor Dr. Srini Pillay
- Piloting livestream meditation sessions
- A service component with Campus Kitchen
- Presentation on political savviness, based on the book Survival of the Savvy
- Diversity presentation by internationally known comedian Karen Williams
HR.com is the largest community for human resources professionals. It features HR certification exam preparation for the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) exams, articles, news, webcasts, events, white papers, discussion forums, templates, forms and best practices on leadership, performance management, organizational development and benefits.
For information about Kent State’s Institute for Excellence, please contact HRD@kent.edu or visit the website. Applications for the next program year will be accepted beginning late May 2018.