Energy Tip of the Week: Turn Off the Tap
Do not forget to turn off the tap, unless you plan on swimming laps. If you are using a tap that is not on a sensor or timer, be conscious of how long the water needs to run.
Did you know?
- Commercial buildings accounted for an estimated 10 percent of all water use in the United States.
- Domestic needs/restrooms are the largest water end uses in offices and schools.
- A leaking toilet can waste more than 21,000 gallons per month, at a cost of about $2,100 per year!
Actions You Can Take
- Turn off the faucet while you lather your hands.
- Turn off the faucet when you finish using the water.
- Notify your facility manager if you see or hear any leaks.