Get On the Move – Last Chance to Register and Win a Lunch, Too!
With more than 800 Kent State University faculty and staff already part of the On The Move Challenge, we have room for more and have extended the registration period, added a “refer a co-worker” incentive and encourage everyone to take a little time to invest in yourself by joining Team Kent State as we compete as ONE TEAM against other employers across the country.
During this late registration period, April 3 through April 9, Employee Wellness will be providing Subway gift cards as part of the “refer a co-worker” challenge. For every two co-workers that you refer and join the challenge, you will receive a $5 Subway gift card up to a total of three gift cards! To download your refer a co-worker coupon and for more information regarding the challenge, visit http://www.kent.edu/hr/benefits/move-challenge.
New to the Challenge?
For those of you new to the On The Move Challenge, this is not your typical "challenge" and comes with no 10K-per-day requirement, no guilt, no shame, no punishment. It does come with feedback in the moment, a sense of comradery, opportunities to learn and assess our barriers and opportunities to be social with our entire Kent State community. To be fully engaged in this competition takes only a few minutes out of your week, and you do so when, where and how you want! Take these few minutes to invest in your personal well-being. You won't regret it!
All full- and part-time employees who register for the On The Move Challenge will engage in real time on the On the Move platform and can watch our team, Team Kent State, move up the leaderboard. In addition, eligible employees can earn 60 Tier Two Wellness Your Way Points. See the Wellness Your Way webpage under Group Challenges for details.
Registration is a Breeze
- If you haven't already registered, you may do so at www.onthemovechallenge.welcoa.org/register/kentstatemoves. Once you are logged in, set up your personal profile.
- To get your first 100 Bonus Points, complete the Step It Up challenge. Simply read the Learn article, complete the Assess and Share.
An Inclusive Challenge
- This challenge is for everyone, regardless of fitness level - beginner to marathon runner. Team Kent State points are tallied as one employer group. This is not an individual competition. We are ONE TEAM competing against other employer groups in "real time."
- It is NOT necessary to have a tracking device to participate. The On The Move platform is user-friendly and compatible with free apps, wearable devices AND a device free option. See http://www.kent.edu/hr/benefits/move-challenge for information on "device free" and "linking a wearable."
- For employees wishing to purchase a wearable tracking device, Human Resources' Employee Wellness Office has a limited supply of Garmin Vivofit 3 wearable tracking devices for sale at a reduced price of $60 (retail $99.99). The Garmin device may be purchased through Employee Wellness in Heer Hall by notifying us at email@example.com. Check or cash are accepted.
This exciting nationwide workplace competition was designed by WELCOA, the nation's premier resource for workplace wellness, to be the first of its kind to get people moving, having fun and feeling their best. Last year, Team Kent State participated in this national event and placed 29th in the country and was recognized as a Top 50 Most Active Employers. Join us in this exciting competition, and take time to take care of YOU.
Find more details at the On The Move webpage. For questions, contact Kim Hauge, director of employee wellness, at 330-672-7505 or Sandra Cole at 330-672-7501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.