Kent State’s Inaugural Philanthropy Week Filled With Contests, Celebrations and Gratitude
Kent State’s inaugural Philanthropy Week begins Monday, April 16, and culminates in Kent State’s 10th annual Alumni Day of Service on Saturday, April 21. Students, employees, alumni, fans and friends are invited to join in, give back and say thanks through any of the week’s planned contests and activities. Here’s how:
Passport to Philanthropy
People are invited to participate in any or all of the planned Philanthropy Week activities occurring throughout the week. Those who complete a Philanthropy Week activity will be eligible to win a prize. Each passport activity will have its own prizewinner. If a participant completes at least five out of six passport activities, they will be entered to win a Super Supporter grand prize. The six passport activities include:
- Social Sharing: Publicly post about Kent State’s Philanthropy Week on your personal social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, using #FlashesGiveBack.
- Crowdfunding: Become a crowdfunder for one of our Philanthropy Week featured funds by sharing this page on your personal social platforms or make a gift to your favorite Kent State fund. Make a gift or share the Kent State Crowdfunding page.
- Thank A Giver (TAG) Day: On April 18, stop by our TAG Day celebration, happening from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., at Kent Campus’ Risman Plaza to sign a thank you card.
- Flash Quiz: Complete a short, online quiz featuring Kent State philanthropy fast facts.
- Celebration of Service and Engagement: Attend our Celebration of Service and Engagement, hosted by the Kent State Community Engaged Learning office, on Friday, April 20, from 5-7:30 p.m. The RSVP deadline for this event is April 16.
- Alumni Day of Service: Kent State’s 10th Annual Alumni Day of Service will take place Saturday, April 21. This day gives alumni the opportunity to share their Kent State pride, time, talents and collective power of volunteerism to make a difference in their communities and around the globe. Learn more about Alumni Day of Service.
“Around Kent State, you’ll often hear the phrase, ‘respect and kindness in all we do,’” says Leigh Greenfelder, assistant vice president for Kent State Advancement Communications. “This is truly emblematic of the Kent State culture, which shows in the philanthropic support we receive from alumni, employees and friends. The gifts of time and treasure change the future for our students in so many ways.”
For more information about Philanthropy Week, contact Danielle Hupp, senior associate director of Special Giving Initiatives, at email@example.com or 330-672-9507.