Kent State Web Redesign Update: Newly Branded Site to Launch in October
Earlier this spring, the university announced the Kent State University Web Redesign initiative and next steps that would serve as the springboard for launching the new site, which will more closely align with the university’s new brand.
To date, much work has been accomplished by the redesign team, composed of a cross-divisional team that includes members from branding agency 160over90, the Division of Information Services and University Communications and Marketing. Earlier this summer, the cross-divisional team was expanded to include webmaster partners from each and every department, as they answered the call to make template selections.
Here are the latest updates:
- Now-Sept. 30
- The technical team is working behind the scenes to build new elements and aesthetics that will be applied to the university websites.
- Sept. 6-Oct. 21 – Home page rebuilds will occur, and clients across campus will be contacted at various touchpoints.
- University Communications and Marketing will inform clients when their department home page is started and, again, when it is ready for review, revisions and approval. Working together in a timely manner will be critical so that the larger deadline can be met.
- Clients may opt to take advantage of an online review form when their respective websites are ready or take advantage of an in-person review session.
- Weeks of Oct. 3 and Oct. 17 – Information Services will conduct performance testing.
- Oct. 30 – All Kent State websites will launch at one time.
- Can’t remember what’s coming? Visit the new look and feel mocks-ups.
- Project need, steps and research summary PowerPoint.
If you have questions about the process or timeline, contact Lin Danes, director of web services in University Communications and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can partner with Sameer Jaleel, director of systems development in Information Services, to triage your inquiry and reply.