Manager, University Library Systems
- Coordinates configuration and management of Kent State Libraries’ ILS and specialty systems for services, including online reserves, interlibrary loan, discovery services, institutional repository, and digital collections
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of locally developed workflow applications
- Supports the libraries’ websites by coordinating the management of local servers and applications, and coordinating interconnections with the university’s content management system, third-party content management systems and the library Intranet
- Coordinates all automation inventory, budget, specifications, deployment and maintenance for all library areas, including the library classrooms, public spaces and staff desktops
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software systems for the library
WORKED AT KENT STATE SINCE:
EMPLOYMENT PRIOR TO KENT STATE UNIVERSITY:
Cuyahoga Community College, the Ohio State University, Purdue University, University of Akron
LIKES MOST ABOUT KENT STATE UNIVERSITY:
The friendly, positive, collegial attitude of everyone I’ve encountered so far!
ATTRACTION TO KENT STATE UNIVERSITY AS AN EMPLOYER:
Kent State’s impact on the region and the opportunity to play a part in that, coupled with the reputation of Kent State, from colleagues and friends, as a great place to work.
Bedford Heights, Ohio
B.A., Psychology, University of Akron; M.A.Ed., Higher Education Administration, University of Akron; Completed doctoral coursework in educational technology, Purdue University
Fishing, cooking, movies and trying to fix anything – I love taking broken things apart, figuring out how they work, and attempting to fix them.