The Center provides academic advising for the North Atlantic Security Studies minor/certificate program, support for a course on NATO and coordinates participation by Kent State University students in the National Model NATO Conference. More recently, the Center has become an Associate of the Parallel History Project on NATO and the Warsaw Pact (PHP).
Located on the first floor of Bowman Hall, the Lemnitzer Center Library is in Room 128. The one-room library holds approximately 1,900 volumes. The collection specifically supports scholarship and research in the formation, history and future of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) and of the European Union (EU). Other library holdings include several special collections, periodicals and ephemeral materials.
Access to Collection:
- Books (1,900) are organized according to the Library of Congress Classification System (LC), and a card catalogue provides access through both author and title.
- Approximately forty journal titles cover the international diplomatic scene, international security, NATO, United States military forces, European affairs and a variety of other topics.
- Ephemeral materials such as newsletters, reports, and studies are shelved alphabetically under the publisher or name of organization.
- Special collections are arranged by author name or subject area.
- Circulation: Restricted. Please inquire when visiting the library.
- Hours: Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
Lyman L. Lemnitzer Center for NATO and European Union Studies
128 Bowman Hall
P.O. Box 5190, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242
Telephone: 330/672-7980 Fax: 330/672-4025
Center Director: Dr. S. Victor Papacosma