Dr. Peyravi is Professor of Computer Science at Kent State University
. From 1987 to 1989, he worked with the Network Architecture Division at AT&T
Bell Laboratories. His research focuses on theoretical foundations of communication networks for various network applications including wireless networks, sensor networks, optical networks, and the Internet. His research has been sponsored by NASA
Space Communication Division to study and evaluate the performance of multiple access control (MAC) protocols for Mars missions, by CAIDA
(Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis) to to study traffic Internet traffic management and routing protocols for IP networks, by the Internet2 Technology Evaluation Center (ITEC)to study traffic management for the next generation of IP networks, and recently by Cisco Systems
to establish a Cyber Security Lab at Kent State University.
- Member of Technical Staff at AT&T Bell Laboratories, New Jersey, 19887-89.
Other Professional Activities:
- Graduate Coordinator, 2006-2010.
- Curriculum Coordinator, 1992-94, 1996-99, 2011
- Member of College Advisory Board, 2006-07, 2010-13.
- Member of University Teaching Council, 2003-04.
- Member of University Research Council, 2012-13.