- GIS | Health & Hazards Lab
- City and Community Studies Initiative
- Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Post, C. 2012. “Objectives and Prospects for Bringing Service-Learning into the Memory and Heritage Classroom.” Southeastern Geographer 52 (4). In Guest Edited Issue, “Teaching the Geographies of Memory and Heritage.”
- Hamilton, R. IV, Peter S. Kourtev, C. Post, J. Dillard, and Kate J. Knepper and Robert Cowart. 2012. “Physicochemical Characteristics and Benthic Macroinvertebrate Communities in Temporary Surface Waters of Northern Stark County, Ohio.” Open Entomology Journal http://www.benthamscience.com/open/toentoj/openaccess2.htm
- Post C. 2011. “The Making of a Federal Company Town: Sunflower Village, Kansas.” In Company Towns in the Americas: Landscape, Power, and Working-Class Communities, eds. Oliver Dinius and Angela Vergara, p. 176-207. University of Georgia Press. Guest Edited Journal Issues
- Hostetter, Ellen, James Hanlon, and C. Post. 2011. “Everyday Landscapes: Past and Present, Presence and Absence.” Material Culture 43 (2).
- Post, C. 2011. “Art, Scale, and the Memory of Tragedy: A Consideration of Public Art in Pleasant Hill, Missouri.” Material Culture 43 (2). In Special and Guest Edited Issue, “Everyday Landscapes: Past and Present, Presence and Absence.”
- Post, C. 2009. “ Reputational Politics and the Symbolic Accretion of John Brown in Kansas.” Historical Geography 37: 92-113.
- Post, C. 2009. “Rejecting Violence on the Landscape in Lawrence, Kansas.” Geographical Review 99 (2): 186-207.
- Post, C. 2008. “American Homelands: Classroom Approaches towards a Complex Concept.” Journal of Geography 107 (194-197): 1-4.
- Post, C. 2008. “Modifying Sense of Place in a Federal Company Town: Sunflower Village, Kansas, 1942 to 1959.” Journal of Cultural Geography 25 (2): 137-159.
- Larsen, Soren, Curt Sorenson, David McDermott, Joshua Long, and C. Post. 2007. “Place Perception and Social Interaction on an Exurban Landscape in Central Colorado.” The Professional Geographer 59 (4): 421-433.
- Post, C. 2005. “Company Town Culture: Sunflower Village, Kansas, in the 1940s.” Material Culture 37 (2): 42-59.
- Cultural Geography
- Historical Geography
- North America
Association of American Geographers
Cultural Geography Specialty Group
Historical Geography Specialty Group
Pioneer America Society: Association for the Preservation of Artifacts and Landscapes
OFFICEDepartment of Geography
OFFICE HOURSSpring 2013: MW 11am-1pm; TR 1pm-3pm
CONTACT INFOPhone: 330-244-3427
COURSES TEACHINGSpring 2013
- GEOG 17064 - 600 Geog Us And Canada
- GEOG 21062 - 601 Physical Geography
- HONR 40099 - 600 Senior Honors Thesis / Project
- GEOG 42064 - 601 Hist - Geog - Us And Canada
- GEOG 10160 - 600 Introduction To Geography
- GEOG 22061 - 600 Human Geography
- HONR 40099 - 620 Senior Honors Thesis / Project
- GEOG 40195 - 003 Special Topics In Geography
- GEOG 50195 - 003 Special Topics In Geography
- GEOG 70195 - 003 Special Topics In Geography