View the B.A. General Requirements Sheet (2009-10 Year) [pdf]
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in History requires 33 hours of coursework. These hours include 12 hours of introductory history, all of which meet the University Diversity Requirement:
- HIST 11050 History of Civilization I
- HIST 11051 History of Civilization II
- HIST 12070 History of the United States: The Formative Period
- HIST 12071 History of the United States: The Modern Period
- HIST 32050 Majors are also required to take The Historian's Craft. This course fulfills the University's writing-intensive requirement.
The additional 18 hours required for the major must be taken in upper-division courses. They must include at least 6 hours of United States history, 6 hours of European history since 1500, and 6 hours of African, Asian, Latin America, ancient, or medieval history.