- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
- This video explains that when talking about cultural diversity, we’re talking about thousands of different views of seeing the world and our place in it. Michael Gavin also discusses the idea that culture involves rights of people to determine the future of their cultures. Mr. Gavin also touches on the importance of respecting the rights of indigenous people and realizing the value of cultural diversity for all of humanity. Lastly, Mr. Gavin talks about realizing how un-level the playing field actually is and how unbalanced the power actually is in Society. The lessons (in schools) are increasingly embedded in one culture. (i.e. - Cows jumping over the moon.)
- This video talks about not being afraid to address the issue of race. It’s uncomfortable but we need to start being comfortable with the uncomfortable. Mellody Hobson also talks about how we can become better with diversity.
- Dr. Marilyn Sanders Mobley states that "What we cannot acknowledge we cannot address and what we cannot address, we cannot make the progress we need to make." She also discusses how important inclusion is and how we need to recognize our part in diversity.
- Helen Turnbull discusses the idea that people have unconscious biases about certain people and groups of people. She also touches on our cultural blind spots preventing us from including others. We must widen the size of our “in group” and be more inclusive
- James Sun discusses how diversity impacts the corporation; Research shows that firms with highly diverse leadership and the consistency of this diverse leadership will have a broader range of perspectives for strategic problem solving. Mr. Sun also discusses how society needs to become aware of our implicit biases and embrace the complexities of what diversity is.
- This video explains the differences in which Black parents raise their children compared to White parents. It discusses that Black parents feared that their children could not do the same as White children growing up because of what they could be mistaken for. Furthermore, this video explains the term “Black Lives Matter” and what is meant by this term used in society today.
KSU Library Videos
- This video starts of by explaining that culturally competent healthcare adapts care to the client’s cultural needs and preferences. It also states that healthcare workers should asses their client’s culture beliefs, values, and preferences so they are better able to individualize care and achieve positive outcomes. This video also explains the importance of ethnic religious beliefs, values, and preferences of diverse clients.
- This video discusses the library’s and public service and its celebrating differences and responding to the needs of our diverse communities. It also explains the idea that libraries are becoming more diverse in staff as well as those who come into the library. Furthermore, it explains the idea that embracing diversity makes individuals and organizations stronger.
- This video discusses the idea that our world is becoming more diverse and why is it necessary to examine diversity. This video also explains the future trends of the work force and the growth of the work force as well as the future trends of diverse communities. Also, it explains how using the diversity of the world can mean a greater choice of talent, expertise, ideas and skill.
- This video involves a group of college students discussing racial situations they have been in and also discuss affirmative action, self-segregation, and internalized racism. These students also attended a weekend sensitivity workshop and also discuss cultural identity.
Other Diversity Videos
- This video discusses gender stereotypes and also touches on the fact that all men and women are prone to gender biases. It explains that, when looking at the completion of tasks; how do we equalize the bars so that men and women are judged by the same standard? This video also discusses how gender stereotypes affect men and women career experiences. Lastly, this video explains ways in which organizations can have solutions to change the environment to less gender biases such as educating people on these biases and establishing clear criteria and qualifications for hiring decisions.