The Wick Poetry Center engages individuals and communities in the transformative power of poetry. Members of the Wick Outreach Program provide writing workshops, discussion groups, and professional development to a variety of communities throughout northeast Ohio.
- Teaching Poetry in the Schools
- Traveling Stanzas
- Wick Juniors Creative Writing Camp
For information on conducting any of the following programs in your community, contact Nicole Robinson:
- Pre-K to 12th grade classrooms—Writing workshops in public and private schools. Number of workshops determined by need and availability.
- Professional development for teachers and administrators—Workshops to help educators better use poetry in standard-based curricula.
- Medical care providers and patients—Writing workshops offered to hospital patients and staffs in pediatric, psychiatric, oncology, palliative care/hospice settings. Read an article in the Cleveland Clinic's Alumni Connection about Wick's outreach at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine.
- Veterans—Weekly free-writing workshop led by poet Major Ragain during the fall and spring semesters.
- Community centers—Writing workshops or discussion groups based on need and availability.
- Senior/retirement centers—Writing workshops or discussion groups based on need and availability.
- Libraries—Writing workshops, discussion groups, and readings by local children and community members.