Nominate a Professor
Nominate Your Favorite Faculty Member for the 2019 Distinguished Teaching Award
Honor that unforgettable faculty member and share your favorite classroom memories of how he or she inspired you -- submit a nomination for the Distinguished Teaching Award (DTA) today.
Sponsored by the Kent State Alumni Association, the DTA is the university’s most prestigious honor in teaching. The award is presented annually to three full-time faculty members who demonstrate extraordinary teaching in the classroom and a devotion to touching the lives of students. Qualified nominees include Kent State tenure track faculty who are currently employed by the university.
Eligibility requirements include:
- A faculty member must have been on a full-time teaching contract at any Kent State University campus for a minimum of seven years, including the current academic year.
- A faculty member must have taught at least one course in two of the three semesters during each of those seven academic years. (For purpose of the awards, summer sessions are considered one semester and the academic year extends from the beginning of fall semester through summer session of the following calendar year.)
- Current Distinguished Teaching Award recipients, are not eligible.
Spring submissions are due by April 27
Summer submissions are due by June 30
Fall submissions are due by December 8
Congratulations to the 2019 DTA Finalists
- Rachael Blasiman, Psychological Sciences, Salem Campus
- Daniel A. Castañeda, Modern and Classical Language Studies, Stark Campus
- Lee Fox-Cardamone, Psychological Sciences, Stark Campus
- Patrick Gallagher, Modern and Classical Languages, Kent Campus
- Kim Garchar, Philosophy, Kent Campus
- Jacqueline Marino, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Kent Campus
- Darice Polo, School of Art, Kent Campus
- Steve Rainey, School of Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences, Kent Campus
- Mary Ann Rooks, English, Stark Campus
- Carrie E. Schweitzer, Geology, Stark Campus
2018 Distinguished Teaching Award (DTA) Recipients
These recipients were recognized at the University Teaching Council Conference luncheon on Friday, Oct. 19, 2018.
- Radd K. Ehrman
Modern & Class. Languages
- David H. Kaplan
- Janice Lessman-Moss
School of Art