Master of Science in Athletic Training
Kent State offers a Master of Science in athletic training program. This professional program specializes in the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses.
The MSAT program will undergo the accreditation process with the intention of preparing students to take the BOC exam upon completion of the degree. Students will be enrolling in a two-year intensive and dynamic program. If you meet the requirements, have a bachelor’s degree, and want to become a Certified Athletic Trainer, apply today!
For more details about our Master of Science in Athletic Training program, student requirements, and more, read on.
Current undergraduate student, Annika Shuster, discusses her experience taking the Cadaver Anatomy and Applied Assessment course typically offered at the graduate level.
Get to Know Our New MS Athletic Training Degree
The MSAT program is in the process of applying for candidacy for accreditation through CAATE. Accreditation is not guaranteed; the degree is approved by all necessary agencies. Only students who graduate from a CAATE accredited program are eligible to challenge the Board of Certification Examination.
MASTER’S OF ATHLETIC TRAINING ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Students who meet the minimum requirements will be considered for direct admission to the master’s program for summer of each year. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission:
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Completion of prerequisite courses with minimum C grade 1
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE or MCAT scores in the 50th percentile
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 587 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 94 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 82 MELAB score
- Minimum 7.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 65 PTE score
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO HAVE PRE-REQUISITE COURSES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS, ALL COURSE WORK WILL BE EVALUATED FOR ACCEPTANCE:
- Basic Athletic Training
- Anatomy and Physiology - including Exercise Physiology
- General Psychology