Center of Nutrition Outreach
The Center of Nutrition Outreach offers FREE services to all KSU students and employees, as well as FREE or low-cost services to community members of Portage County.
They provide nutrition education on weight control, cardiovascular/hypertension, digestive disorders, diabetes, eating disorders, general nutrition/wellness, pediatric nutrition, childhood obesity, sports nutrition, vegetarian, food allergies, and food safety.
Services for individuals and families:
Professional Nutrition Counseling
An individual or family centered session of talking with a Registered Dietitian (RD) about current eating behaviors. The RD takes a personalized approach to educating individuals on their nutritional needs for a healthy lifestyle and preventing or managing chronic disease.
Find out your numbers and compare to the standards: BMI, waist-to-hip ratio, percentage of body fat, blood pressure, total cholesterol, and fasting blood glucose levels.
- Businesses: Corporate wellness programs
- Restaurants: Nutrient analysis for products, menus, or services
- Schools: Class instruction, dorm presentations
- Community members: Grocery store tours
- KIDS camp: FREE- 10 week nutrition and physical activity education program for overweight kids.
- FLIGHT FREE Family Centered Nutrition Education program for children and their families living in Portage County.
For more information or to make an appointment contact:
Tanya Falcone MS, RD, LD
Center of Nutrition Outreach Coordinator
200 Nixson Hall
Food 4 Thought Cyber Cafe
Flashes Fighting Hunger