Learn About Wills and Bequests
Planned Giving Intention Forms
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Kent State University as part of your estate plan.
What are my Options?
A bequest can be made in several ways
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
How do I get started?
Private support to Kent State is accepted, invested and disbursed by the Kent State University Foundation Inc., a private 501(c)3 foundation with Federal Tax ID #34-657-6307.
The legal name for all gifts through wills, trusts or beneficiary forms is the Kent State University Foundation Inc. If a gift is for a regional campus, use the Kent State University Foundation Inc./[insert name of regional campus].
Please contact us with any questions about wills or bequests.