4 - 05.2
Administrative policy regarding guests in residence halls
- Purpose. This policy shall govern, define, and provide rules for guests visiting the residence halls.
- Definitions. As used in this rule "guest” is defined as any person who does not currently reside in the residence halls. For the purposes of this policy, the eastway center area, prentice hall dining hall, and munchies market are considered dining spaces and are not defined as a residence hall.
- Criteria/scope/requirements/eligibility. This rule applies to any person visiting a residence hall facility but does not include authorized university personnel or registered conference guests.
- Implementation. The residence halls are a critical component of the university academic program. Students living in university owned on-campus housing have all the rights and responsibilities designated via their housing contract. Guests are permitted in the residence halls in accordance with the following:
- Guests must be escorted by a residence hall student host who resides in the building being visited.
- Guests must abide by all regulations specific to the residence hall being visited.
- Guests may be permitted when they are escorted by authorized university personnel.
- Guests may be permitted in administrative and business spaces located within the residence halls during posted public hours.
- Guests may be permitted during times when residence hall staff are sponsoring academic or programmatic events.
- Violations. Violations of this policy may result in a residence hall student hosting the guest, but not present with their guest, being held accountable. Guests who are found violating this policy where there is no residence hall student host may be restricted from further visitation or made persona non grata.
Policy Effective Date:
Feb. 03, 2020
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 9/1/1978, 10/5/1979, 9/30/2005, 6/1/2007, 3/1/2015