5 - 10.2
Administrative policy regarding official university letterhead
- The university has official letterhead stationery approved by the administration.
- All offices and departments are to use the official letterhead for all off-campus communications. Except for formal or ceremonial purposes, letterhead stationery should not be used for intra-university correspondence.
- The official letterhead is printed on rag bond, watermarked with the university seal, in the standard letter size of eight and one-half inches by eleven inches.
- No letterhead will be personalized with an individual's name.
- The university printing service on campus prints all letterheads. An approved list of offices and departments and their manner of designation has been given to the university printing service. No deviations from the approved list are permitted.
- Matching envelopes are ordered through the purchasing agent.
- Form letters using the university letterhead design should not be printed on rag bond paper. However, individualized form letters prepared using word processing equipment may use rag bond paper.
Policy Effective Date:Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 2/8/1980, 4/5/1982, 6/1/2007