3 - 09.1
Administrative policy regarding transcript maintenance
- Purpose. The integrity of academic transcripts is fundamental to the validity of coursework and degrees certified by the university.
- Operational procedure.
- All student transcript entries (grades and other notations) are finalized when the pertinent degree is officially posted to the permanent academic record.
- Subsequent revision and alteration of any transcript entry, after the relevant degree is awarded, is permitted only for the correction of a proven error as certified by the appropriate academic dean and the registrar.
- Degrees are posted to students' permanent academic records approximately thirty days following the effective date of graduation.
- Further adjustment of transcript content is not authorized beyond that date except as noted in the policy statement. This action is automatic and will be forestalled only by prior, official action of the student to change the effective graduation date through the graduation reapplication process.
Policy Effective Date:
Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:1/25/1991, 9/19/2005