3 - 01.201
Operational procedures and regulations regarding jury duty absences for students
- In the event that a student is called for jury service, the student shall be allowed the option of withdrawing with a full fee refund and no penalty.
- When summoned for jury duty, students shall provide appropriate documentation to the dean of their college, school or regional campus. Students shall also contact and inform their instructors at this time.
- Upon completion of jury duty, students shall consult with each instructor to determine if coursework may be completed. In the event that the instructor decides that it is not possible, the student will be permitted to withdraw from that course.
- Should there be any conflict regarding the withdrawal procedure, students shall contact the dean of their college, school or regional campus.
- Students holding appointments at the university shall make special arrangements with their deans.
Policy Effective Date:
Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 6/1/2007