7 - 06
University policy regarding tuition credit for dropped courses
- Policy statement. A student who officially withdraws, as outlined in the university catalog, from all classes or drops one or more courses later than the first day of classes for the semester may receive a full refund of tuition and course related fees paid or a tuition credit adjustment of tuition and course related fees billed.Students attending the college of podiatric medicine must follow the withdrawal process as described in the official university catalog. The portion of refundable tuition and course related fees and/or tuition credit is determined by the date and time of the official withdrawal.
- Requirements. The tuition credit schedule applies to university withdrawals or course withdrawals. The tuition credit percentages apply to the tuition and course related fees assessed for the courses from which a student withdraws. The following are the withdrawal and drop dates with their respective percentages of assessment refundable:
- Prior to the first day of classes, one hundred per cent;
- Entire first week of classes, one hundred per cent;
- Second week of classes, eighty per cent;
- Third week of classes, sixty-five per cent;
- Fourth week of classes, sixty per cent;
- After the end of the fourth week of classes, no refunds will be made.
- A comparable prorated tuition credit schedule is calculated individually for summer sessions and other irregular terms.
Policy Effective Date:
Jan. 01, 2020
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 9/13/1979, 2/15/1980, 3/16/1983, 10/14/1992, 9/20/2005, 6/1/2007; 3/1/2015