5 - 16
University policy regarding unlawful discrimination and harassment
- Purpose. This policy prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, age, and protected military or veteran status. Retaliation for reporting or participating in the complaint process is also prohibited. The university encourages an atmosphere in which the diversity of its members is understood and appreciated, free of unlawful discrimination and harassment based on the above categories. Thus, all members of the university are expected to join in creating a positive atmosphere in which individuals can learn and work in an environment that is respectful and supportive of the dignity of all individuals.
- Definitions and processes for implementing this policy will be defined in rules 3342-5-16.1 and 3342-6-02 of the Administrative Code.
- This policy is intended to promote the university's commitment to equal opportunity, equity, and diversity. It is not intended to censor first amendment rights to express ideas and opinions on any topic provided that expression is not in the form of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
- Eligibility. This policy shall apply to all university programs and services including, but not limited to, the following: recruiting, admission, access to programs, financial aid, classroom instruction, academic progress/grading, and social, recreational and health programs, as well as employment, promotion, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other compensation, and selection for training.
- Responsibilities. The vice president for human resources and the vice president for student affairs are jointly responsible for implementation of this policy.
Policy Effective Date:
Jul. 08, 2021
Policy Prior Effective Dates:4/5/1982, 11/22/1985, 12/29/1986, 5/4/1991, 6/29/1992, 4/21/2003, 2/10/2005, 6/1/2007, 3/5/2008, 2/25/2009, 6/25/2010, 6/20/2012, 6/13/2014, 3/1/2015