Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) in Health Promotion and Education
The Health Promotion and Education concentration prepares students to help individuals and communities achieve optimal health through educational strategies that enhance the adoption of healthy behaviors.
Classes in this concentration expose students to a wide variety of prevention approaches and community level strategies that are used to promote healthy behaviors. These strategies are implemented through media outlets, policy changes, and education initiatives. This concentration is offered 100 percent online or in person.
Students who graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Public Health with a Health Promotion and Education concentration have the opportunity to work in:
- Social service agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Health clinics
- Government agencies
- Health centers
- University wellness/health programs
- Corporations/businesses with worksite health program
- Public health offices at the state and community level
Professionals in this field are responsible for helping people become educated on what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle. They create health plans that fit the needs of many different people, so they must be well-versed in the health needs of all different age and demographic groups.
Some of the main duties of health promotion and education professionals include:
- Helping organizations and communities become more healthy
- Developing strategic approaches to improving health
- Ensuring that local, regional and national health policies are sound
- Providing accurate information about peoples' health and how they can improve it
- Managing specific health-promoting projects
- Partnering with key people and organizations who can help influence public health
- Helping people develop the personal, emotional and social skills needed to live a healthy lifestyle