Master of Public Health (MPH) Degree
Kent State University's College of Public Health was created to bridge public safety and health career pathways and to address a nationwide shortage of public health workers by the year 2020. The masters degree in Public Health includes 4 specialty areas – Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Social and Behavioral Sciences and Health Policy and Management. .
The curriculum consists of a minimum of 46 credit hours organized in four curricular domains:
- Core courses (19 credit hours)
- Courses required for each specialization (15 credit hours)
- Elective courses (6 or 9 credit hours)
- Applied Practice Experience (APE) (3 or 6 credit hours)
The curriculum for each of the five MPH programs in Ohio is designed to help students develop real-world knowledge and skills needed to pursue success in the public health industry.
* Source: Association of Schools of Public Health, 2009.
- Online MPH in Epidemiology
- Online MPH in Health Policy and Management
- Online MPH in Social and Behavioral Sciences
Traditional In Person Concetrations
- MPH in Biostatistics
- MPH in Epidemiology
- MPH in Health Policy and Management
- MPH in Social and Behavioral Sciences
Hybrid with Leadership Focus
MPH Program Admission Requirements:
The minimum requirements for this Ohio MPH program are:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or better
- Acceptable GRE scores (or other approved standardized test as MCAT, LSAT, DAT, PCAT OR MAT). Scores older than five years are not acceptable and require retaking the GRE.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation from college or university faculty
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions you have attended
- Personal Goal Statement (to be submitted online during the application process)
Apply for Admission to KSU's MPH Programs:
1. Apply online to KSU's MPH programs
Send your transcripts, letters of recommendation and standardized test scores to:
Graduate Studies Admissions
Kent State University
650 Hilltop Dr.
Kent, OH 44242
2. E-mail admission questions to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (for the Online MPH)